Skip to main content

The Day In Life

 I sit here surrounded not by humans although with those endless thoughts that are echoing in my head since last night post your departure. Hey Little Angle!! I write here sitting, for you, under the sky talking to clouds and asking them about your well-being. Just been 24 hours you had left home to kick off your new life. However it still seems to be a dream to acknowledge the fact that you are now officially a woman. A girl who just few hours back was the most pampered kid of the home now is a wife to someone whom you would tag as your LIFE. The time has flown with Godspeed. The night sky doesn't talk and the day doesn't let me communicate my emotions well. It would be hard to steal time in the years following.

We do not share blood relation. The amount of love and care you have been blessed by your own people is much more than I could have, solely, blessed you with. All I could have done last night was to be a part of the group of people who came forward to bid you farewell and shower their love. And hopefully I met those expectations. It has just been 18 months we have shared a bond. A bond no less stronger than that of brother & sister. You have been a blessing to your family and I pray you replicate the same in family you would be living your rest of the life. We have fought, laughed, cracked jokes, cried, shared the emotions and pulled each other's leg somewhere together in midway. And we keep doing so.

Dropping you to the salon & driving you back to the venue through the city's streets, I had those mixed emotions going through. From being ecstatic to drowned in the ocean of feelings - I had it all. The teachings of life come in every action. The passing by of the vehicles exemplified the time that each passing second was taking away. And all I could successfully do was to control all my emotions under those incontrollable circumstances. 

The last few hours post mid night - my eyes saw you sitting & realizing you would move away. I felt if I could ask for that additional hour of talk. Little more gossips. And few hugs to be exchanged as gift. Some succeeded some were stored for the next time. With completion of each round of pheras, the time came nearer and my heart-beats were faster than the normal. It was hard for me to face the fear as that was going to turn real in moments later. And it did. The only thing I can give you is my blessings right now. Alongside the challenges may you cherish every single moment of life. You know what - the Bollywood songs are more understandable at these occasions. I have a list I would sit and listen when we meet for the first time after your wedding. 

I might not be here tomorrow or may be sitting at a different place. Last but not the least, just be yourself and stay happy and spread the same around you. Take care of yourself. Certain things in life are inevitable and are meant to happen....

I wish I could have offered some bribe & kept a hold on time.


With Love

Comments

  1. Hi Pushkar,

    Amazing lines, could co-relate with life of each and every girl, she has to go through also the family .

    Self Being a daughter and now the mother of a lil princes, who is my whole world. I feel connected and felt as if the story was written centered around me.

    Good going , keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Next Step

Expected & accepted The life lied And reality distracted Leaving protected Family directed. The plea Staying back rejected Starting new Scared too Stepping steps Other side of doorstep The world waited. I hesitated For the final seeing To start believing To live while dreaming To see twin changing The domicile. Wishes, Lucks, Greetings Maybe self failed to share The ongoing changes. The night most feared Bidding farewell While few smiled The world left behind CRIED - Pushkin Channan

Those Heart Attacks

The news happy or sad, confused. the reaction i knew. far & away the distances uncovered I'll fail acknowledging them. the calculations  missed & not corrected imperfections surround me. staying grounded looking high I'll see you vanishing. the airplanes, the airport your crossing boundaries I'll wait for the turn for me to take over to leave you in tears. being on driver's seat getting things done I'll thank the 'Monopoly'. no not heartless just following the footsteps for once I was scared was being done to me. gracefully embraced I'll duplicate the same. - Pushkin Channan